Introducing the Meru Safety Ascent with IDS.
Size Small / Medium
The Meru ASCENT is SFI 38.1 approved. The Ascent Carbon is the newest and best technology in the head and neck restraint market for concussion prevention. The device applies the industry changing Inertia Dampening System(IDS) to drastically reduce concussion causing forces without giving up any neck safety. The Ascent Carbon Brace is a full carbon head and neck restraint with stainless and aluminum hardware. A hydraulic shock absorber is built into the backplate of the device to help dampen head movement throughout the entire length of impact.
- Hollow Carbon Fiber Collar with non-slip belt grips
- Custom molded honeycomb infill padding with Nomex wrapped padding covers
- Oversized for maximum protection
- Honeycomb pattern allows pad to remain firm enough to maintain car-feel but enough give for comfort.
- Magnetic Locating Helmet Anchors
- Fire resistant kevlar webbing sliding tether with magnetic blended Stainless steel helmet mounts
- Hinged collar and headrest design with a hydraulic shock absorber
- Fully customized CNC’d dampener with proprietary IDS technology featuring speed sensitive valving to maximize both safety and comfort.
- Moving headrest allows for universal use in all seating positions.
- A near 80% reduction in concussion causing forces in a 70G Impact.
- Hundreds of lbs under the SFI upper neck tension threshold.
- Works with all seating positions
- Weighs about 2 pounds
All braces come with hardware including tethers, helmet mounts and carrying case