Wheels can get dirty relatively fast with a build up of brake dust. We have specifically created a NO EFFORT product that removes brake dust effortlessly called Wheelmuck+. The formula is fast acting and has been specially formulated at a viscosity to allow easy application and to enable it to be very cost effective.
Wheelmuck+ is also PH neutral which makes it safe to use on all wheels and painted surfaces. Wheelmuck+ is a little smelly, but rest assured that component is 100% biodegradable.
When using Wheelmuck+, you’ll see it undergoes a colour change from yellow to red as a reaction occurs to dislodge the brake dust iron contaminants, enabling it to be washed away with water.
Note before: It is recommended to only do one or two wheels at a time. For ceramic pad dust, dirt, grease or tyre silicone overspray a slight agitation with a soft brush is necessary.
- Adjust nozzle on applicator to a fine spray position.
- Spray evenly on cool, dry wheels.
- Leave on for 2-3 minutes. Wheelmuck+ changes from yellow to red to purple as reaction occurs.
- If any areas have dried and turned brown, do a quick recoat to those areas just prior to rinsing off.
- Rinse off with a jet of water from hose or pressure washer.
- Reapply and agitate with soft brush if necessary.
- Sprays on YELLOW, if no change then no brake dust contaminants, or possibly ceramic pad dust.
- Turns RED as reaction starts.
- Turns PURPLE when reaction well underway.
- Turns DARK PURPLE when reaction is almost complete. Rinse off just before next step.
- If it turns BROWN, reaction has started reversing. A quick spray on BROWN spots with WHEELMUCK+ before rinsing off will sort this.
- Tarnishing will occur on older corroded clips and older style wheel balancing weights.
- Oxidation can occur on Zinc, Cadmium plated or other specific raw surfaces.
- Don’t use on rims that are old, bad condition or damaged.
- Oxidation stains can occur on driveways. To clean, simply hose off after application. However stain will disappear in a couple weeks regardless.