Unparalleled power. Unlimited immersion.
For the 70th anniversary of the most famous racing brand worldwide, Ferrari, Thrustmaster is proud to present the TS-PC RACER Ferrari 488 Challenge Edition racing wheel. Combine the power of Thrustmaster’s cutting-edge technologies incorporated into the TS-PC RACER wheelbase, created to enhance gaming performance, with a replica of the real Ferrari 488 Challenge wheel (officially licensed by Ferrari) for incredibly lifelike racing experience.
This 9:10 scale replica of the Ferrari 488 Challenge wheel measures 32cm in diameter and is designed for total immersion in the racing competition world of Ferrari. Crafted of polyurethane and the same Alcantara material as that used on genuine Ferrari wheels, the wheel features 15 built-in LEDs and 2 rotary switches for optimal ease of use and efficiency in games. Compatible with the Thrustmaster racing ecosystem on PC (Windows 10/8/7), the TS-PC RACER Ferrari 488 Challenge Edition offers a number of Thrustmaster’s advanced technologies such as the external Turbo Power power supply, Motor Cooling Embedded system, and a highly-responsive 40-watt motor providing enhanced Force Feedback.
- Racing wheel
- TURBO POWER power supply
- attachment system
- user manual
- consumer warranty information
- Officially licensed by Ferrari for Windows, the TS-PC RACER Ferrari 488 Challenge Edition’s wheel is a 9:10 scale replica of the Ferrari 488 Challenge wheel and measures 12.6″/32 cm in diameter
- With a brushless Force Feedback system, a very responsive 40-watt brushless servomotor and Motor Cooling Embedded system (patent pending), the motor is able to support intensive use during long hours of e-racing competition without fading
- The wheel is designed for racing competition with its 15 built-in LEDs* for tachometer function (RPM), and 2 rotary switches with push function. Its wrapping is hand-stitched and made of the same Alcantara material imported from Italy as that used on genuine Ferrari wheels
- The external Turbo Power power supply features a finless toroidal-shaped design, providing 86% efficiency (vs. 65% efficiency for standard finned power supplies)
- Powerful brushless servomotor Force Feedback base – highly responsive 40-watt motor for particularly dynamic and powerful effects, plus enhanced feedback. The TS-PC RACER’s motor provides powerful 40-watt brushless Force Feedback and incredible velocity (dynamic torque): from long stall curves (STALL mode) to super-responsive zigzags (DYNAMIC mode).
- Motor Cooling Embedded system (patent pending) – maintains dynamics with the new motor by ensuring that there is no overheating and while remaining silent. Provides 50% more dynamics, 4 times greater stall force and heat dissipation via monophasic cooling**.
**Compared to Thrustmaster Force Feedback steering wheels of the current range.
- H.E.A.R.T and F.O.C. – Field Oriented Control: H.E.A.R.T (HallEffect AccuRate Technology) provides 16-bit resolution (65,536 values), while the new field-oriented control (F.O.C.) algorithm dynamically optimizes the response to intense torque demands. The motor responds dynamically and swiftly to increased torque requirements, thereby offsetting and preventing losses in terms of power.
- Power supply – External TURBO POWER power supply delivers constant power and massive peak power, to instantly respond to ultra-fast requests from the game. Toroidal-shaped for optimized power efficiency of 86% (with just 14% heat generation), with a finless design. Peak power: 400 watts!
- Compatibility – PC compatibility (Windows® 10/8/7) ensured thanks to the Thrustmaster drivers available for download from the //support.thrustmaster.com/ website. The drivers allow you to make sure that you always have the latest firmware version available for the racing wheel.
- Compatible with the Thrustmaster racing ecosystem – TH8A shifter*, T3PA-PRO* and T3PA* pedal sets, and add-on racing wheels* (Ferrari F1 Wheel Add-On, Ferrari GTE Wheel Add-On, 599XX Evo 30 Wheel Add-On Alcantara® Edition, TM Leather 28 GT Wheel Add-On, TM Rally Wheel Add-On Sparco R383 Mod and TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod).
- And more…
- Mixed belt-pulley and gears system (smoother, more fluid and less noisy than helical gears) with metal ball-bearing axle.
- Internal memory and upgradeable firmware. Robust and versatile attachment system, compatible with all mounts (desks, tables, etc.).